Wet-dry shop vacuums, though small family-use vacuums, portable vacuums to industrial vacuum cleaners all use high-powered vacuum motors with tremendous rotation speeds of 20 – 30 thousand rpm. Therefore, during use, the device has one of the following problems that will lead to the vacuum cleaner getting hot very quickly. Let’s find out the reasons below to be able to fix your wet-dry shop vacuum at home when needed.
The cause of a hot vacuum
The purpose of a heated vacuum cleaner is quite many. However, we need to find out the leading reasons introduced below. In the process of using the vacuum cleaner, you need to stop the operation from checking if we feel the hood of the vacuum cleaner near the electric motor is hotter than usual. Besides, you also check the wet-dry shop vacuum when smelling the smell from the exhaust air behind the vacuum cleaner.
- The suction line is clogged
When the suction line is clogged, the thing that makes the vacuum cleaner get hot. This is not every seller of vacuum cleaners knows precisely, not to mention the user. The suction line that the author refers to includes not only the suction line but also the dust filter and the filter in front of the suction motor.
The cause of the suction motor is hot mostly comes from this reason. Because when the suction line is mostly blocked or clogged will cause the pressure in the suction line to drop, the suction motor must work at high capacity. As a result, the suction temperature is reduced; the vacuum motor has to work at a large size, which leads to an increase in motor temperature. At the same time, with many types of household vacuum cleaners that use the rear airflow to cool the engine, so when the pipe is choked. Moreover, the exhaust air will be reduced, and the engine will not be sufficiently cooled.
- Turn on the wet-dry shop vacuum continuously
For high speed, electric motors used in vacuum cleaners or regular blender should not operate for long periods. The reason that is the heat generated is very high due to the magnetic field, and the brush contacts contact with the commutator of the rotor. With the type of industrial vacuum cleaner is manufactured with high quality, well cooled so it can be used continuously, while with household vacuum cleaners with compact design, the ability to lower cooling.
- The motor shaft is stuck
After a long period of use, the motor revolutions can get dry, resulting in high friction, and the heat generated by the conflict on the shaft will cause engine heat to increase. At the same time, when the motor shaft is stuck, the load will increase, and the heat generated in the electronic coils will increase rapidly. This knowledge is probably only understood by people who know electrical engineering.
- The engine has inadequate cooling
The reduced heat dissipation of the motor is also a cause of the hot vacuum cleaner. With the compact design, the less the heat dissipation capacity, so this is also a drawback of household vacuum cleaners. With industrial wet-dry shop vacuums designed for continuous use, the heat dissipation is a lot better. We should also note that most home vacuum cleaners now use exhaust air to cool the engine. Therefore, after a long time, using the engine can be dusty, so it is necessary to clean and lubricate.
- Quality motor vacuum cleaner
No one knows that the cause of heating the wet-dry shop vacuum motor is related to the quality of the engine. With the cheap vacuum cleaner, there will always be low-quality components, especially electric motors. An electromagnetic coil is a large part of heat generation, so if used with aluminum wire will give poor quality, tremendous heat, weak capacity and burn quickly, use copper wire with an appropriate cross-section to ensure quality, loss low heat loss, high performance. Cheap electric motors often use aluminum wire.
How to handle when the wet-dry shop vacuum is hot
With the main reasons analyzed above, we have immediately appropriate and timely remedies. Below, I will give you the direction of fast processing and add essential notes when buying and using a vacuum to ensure stability, good quality.
- You need to regularly clean the suction pipe, dust filter bags, filters, in addition to dirt. There is much large rubbish accidentally and clogged in the suction pipe, leading to reduced suction power.
- Please do not turn on the vacuum continuously with the small vacuum type in the family; it will take time for the motor to cool down.
- Regularly check the suction force by feeling when putting the palm into the suction mouth. If you find the suction force is weaker, then you need to clean the suction line as soon as possible, avoiding to the point of not being able to smoke to clean the suction line.
- Regularly pay attention to the sound emitted from the vacuum motor; when the rotating shaft is stuck, there will be abnormal sound; we should check early.
- You should clean the electric motor periodically to clean the dust that obstructs the heat dissipation. Besides, you need to change the brush when it is heavily worn to avoid the wet-dry shop vacuum getting hot.
- Should use a space when good quality, the price should not buy too cheap because it will affect the quality of internal components.
Above is the information needed for the wet-dry shop vacuum user that I want you to understand about the vacuum cleaner being used in the family. Hopefully, it will help you in using, troubleshooting abnormalities when they occur.